On May 2021 the Department of Defense’s new electronic health record (EHR), MHS GENESIS, launched here at Evans Army Community Hospital. MHS GENESIS has replaced TRICARE Online at this facility.
What is MHS GENESIS?
MHS GENESIS is the new EHR that provides you and your doctors enhanced, secure technology to manage your health information. When fully deployed, MHS GENESIS will be the single health record for service members, veterans, and their families. >>Learn More about MHS GENESIS
What is the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal?
Along with the new EHR, the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is a secure website available 24/7 that gives you access to your health information. Through the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal, you can:
- View health information
- Schedule appointments
- Communicate securely with providers
- Request prescription refills
The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is replacing the TRICARE Online Secure Patient Portal.
What does this mean for me?
MHS GENESIS and the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal are replacing TRICARE Online, including the patient portal and secure messaging at this facility.
- If you had a current TRICARE Online account, it was migrated to MHS GENESIS on April 24, 2023. No action is necessary from you.
- If you don’t already have a TRICARE Online account, you can log onto my.mhsgenesis.health.mil.
For MHS GENESIS issues, please contact the DHA Global Service Center at 800-600-9332. For customer support related to the Defense Self-Service Logon (DS Logon), please contact the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) Customer Contact Center at 800-368-3665.
You can use MHS Genesis Secure Messaging to send secure messages to your Primary Care Provider, or a Specialty Care Provider. Click here for detailed instructions on using Secure Messaging.
What is happening to the TRICARE Online Patient Portal (TOL PP)?
The TOL PP is in the process of being replaced by the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal (MHSG PP). All CONUS sites have transitioned to MHSG with the exception of Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center (FHCC), scheduled for March 2024 transition. OCONUS sites are scheduled to transition by the end of October 2023.
TOLPP Secure Messaging decommissioning begins 1 November 2023 and then TOL decommissioning begins after FHCC transition to MHSG. Log in to TOLPP to check the MHSG Resources page for more information, or to see a list of transition dates for all Military Treatment Facilities. Once retired, TOLPP will no longer be accessible. Be prepared by processing any Prescription requests, download/print your Health Record (HR), and save your important Secure Messages.
- Health Record Data: Scheduled to be available until 1 October 2024, you can download and save your HR data to PDF or store in CCD format for uploading into a personal health record (PHR) of your choice. Click here for instructions on how to print your Health Record data. Instructions to download Health Record data from TOLPP is also located in the TOL Health Record Section and in the FAQs. After this date, patients will lose access to view/download their historical health records on TOLPP.
- TOLPP Secure Messages: Patients will lose access to all secure messages that have been exchanged with their provider or care team. TOLPP Secure Messaging Printing guide has been created to assist patients with process to print any important messages. Click here for instructions on how to print Secure Messages to keep for reference.