The Audiology Clinic delivers patient-centered health care to adults, infants, children, and adolescents with hearing or communication concerns.
After duty hours, weekends, and holidays, please report to the Emergency Room for any Audiology emergencies. Hearing Readiness is also available to Active Duty during business hours if you have a sudden hearing loss in the field or at the range.
- Diagnostic hearing tests for all ages
- Outpatient newborn hearing screenings
- Tinnitus management
- Dizziness evaluations
- Hearing Aid services for Active Duty only
- Hearing aid repairs for Active Duty only
Who Can Be Seen Here
- Active duty service members referred from Hearing Readiness or the ENT Clinic
- TRICARE Prime beneficiaries referred from the ENT Clinic
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can you update my hearing readiness for MEDPROS?
A. No, we cannot. You must go to Hearing Readiness.
Q. Do I need a referral?
A. Yes, active duty service members require a referral from Hearing Readiness or the ENT Clinic.
A. Yes, Tricare Prime beneficiaries receiving care at the ENT Clinic can also be referred to Audiology.
A. Yes, other beneficiaries that require a hearing test must be referred off-post by their Primary Care Manager.